Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before registering with www.financemodules.com. These terms and conditions govern your use of our website.
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website www.financemodules.com; by using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. Finance Modules reserves the right to change these modules from time to time. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, do not use our website.
2. Our responsibility to you
We promise to use all reasonable skill, effort and experience to produce content of the highest quality and accuracy. If you are not a purchaser from Finance Modules we accept no financial responsibility to you arising out of your use of Finance Modules and its content. If you are a purchaser we limit our responsibility to you to the price you have paid us to access our services.
3. Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Unless otherwise agreed with Finance Modules the price of each training module will be the price listed on the web site at the date of purchase. Unless otherwise stated the price excludes VAT where applicable. All prices shall be subject to the addition of Value Added Tax (where applicable) or any other tax payable. The price of each Module is subject to change at any time at Finance Modules sole discretion prior to the date of purchase.
5. Payment of Module Fee
- Payment for all Modules shall be made prior to access being granted for purchases made through the website. Where bulk purchases are made and an invoice has been submitted by us to you, you will agree to make payment no later than 30 days after the the date of the invoice.
- Method of Payment: For retail purchases payment for all Modules shall be made in pounds sterling (unless otherwise stated on the website) by credit or debit card or such other method as may be specified by Finance Modules.
- Security: For payment with credit card, Finance Modules uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your credit or debit card details through the use of encryption technology and firewalls. However, "faultless" security does not exist on the Internet. Your credit card number and contact information will be provided to PayPoint, Lloyds CardNet or the relevant credit card company at the time of purchase. Finance Modules does not hold or store any credit card information. The credit card company has its own privacy and data collection practices and Finance Modules has no responsibility or liability for these independent practices. This does not apply to bulk purchases made under corporate licence which will be invoiced.
6. Orders through www.financemodules.com - acceptance and cancellation
- Neither the Website nor the Finance Modules price lists constitute legally binding offers: Finance Modules is under no obligation to accept your purchase order for its Modules. Acceptance of your order shall take place when payment has been received.
- Cancellation Right: You have the right to cancel any order for a Module provided delivery of the module has not begun. Delivery of the module is counted as clicking the play on a purchased module which is listed under "modules to complete" in "my account". Notice must be received before the expiry of seven working days beginning with the day after the day on which the contract was concluded.
7. Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or other from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- republish material from this website
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website except for content specifically and expressly made available for modification
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
Users who share usernames and passwords or breach any of the above will be pursued for damages.
Access to the purchased course or module is granted to a single-user and is non-transferrable. Access is available for up to maximium of 12 months from date of purchase so please make sure that you start your course/module as soon as possible.
8. Corporate Accounts
- The Corporate Account holder has the right to create, update and delete user accounts for their employees
- The Corporate Account holder has access to their users' results for the practical exercises and quizzes
- The Corporate Account holder has sole authority over whether they accept or decline their users' applications to complete modules
9. Limitations of liability
You acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill). Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
10. Intellectual Property Rights
- Ownership: Finance Modules or its licensors own all title, copyright and all other intellectual property rights (including without limitation, database rights, trade marks, patents, and designs (whether registered or unregistered) in and to all Module Materials. You acknowledge that you do not own and shall not acquire any title, copyright or any other intellectual property rights in Finance Modules and you shall not modify, translate, adapt or otherwise amend the same otherwise than in accordance with applicable law.
- Finance Modules will retain copyright on all authored material, unless otherwise agreed.
11. Restricted access
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion. If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID or password. We may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion OR if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of our website or any other contractual obligation you owe to us.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Modules, is compatible and is capable of running the content. You must not attempt to interfere in any way with the proper working of the Finance Modules website and in particular you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router, or any other internet connected device. Finance Modules reserves the right to update, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Modules including your use of and/or access to it.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
14. Entire agreement
15. Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
16. Our contact details
Finance Modules is published by Learning Modules Limited. Company registered number 07210731. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Information collected
We may collect and store information you provide on the Websites for the purposes of:
purchasing or receiving our goods or services;registering for a password protected login for any of our services or facilities on the Websites;using the feedback facility;participating in surveys and research;completing enquiry forms;any other communication you have with us for any other reason
We may also collect and store information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Websites (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
We may gather information about your use of the Websites by using a cookie file. When used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. The cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
When used, a session cookie will keep track of you whilst you navigate the Websites.
When used, a persistent cookie will enable the Websites to recognise you when you re-visit the Websites.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. Please note, should you decline cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of the Websites.
3. Use of your Information
We will use your information to:
3.1 administer the Websites;
3.2 enable us to provide, and you to use, the goods, services, and facilities on the Websites;
3.3 deliver to you any goods purchased from us;
3.4 send to you statements and invoices, and to collect from you payment, for goods, services or facilities purchased from us;
3.5 send to you future marketing information regarding our goods, services, facilities and other features;
3.6 send to you marketing and other commercial information about the goods or services offered by our commercial partners;
3.7 allow our commercial partners to contact you directly with marketing and other commercial information about their goods or services;
3.8 publish information you have supplied to us on the Websites, where you have supplied such information to us for such purposes;
3.9 enable us to deal with any complaints or queries raised by you.
Please contact us at email@example.com at any time if you do not want your information to be used in the manner set out in clauses 3.5 or 3.6 or 3.7 above.
4. Sharing your information
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
to the extent that we are required to do so by law;in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5. Security of your information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We do not accept any responsibility for the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
Where the context permits, the words "we", "our" and "us" are a reference to Finance Modules.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £25.00).
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.